Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 hotspot for Playstation 3 online?

Has anyone used their iphone hotspot to connect their Playstation online? I can get the PS3 to recognize the hotspot but I can't get it to connect.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 12:09 PM

Confirmed with Apple that the NAT type setting CANNOT be changed, thus online gaming is not possible using the iPhone personal hotspot. ATT claims that gaming is possible on their website in the hotspot plan description, but that is not true. Switching to the hotspot plan cost me my unlimited plan based on false advertising by ATT.

REPEAT: You CANNOT use the iPhone personal hotspot for gaming due to the NAT type 3 setting, and it can not be changed.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2012 12:09 PM in response to laffertyinc

Confirmed with Apple that the NAT type setting CANNOT be changed, thus online gaming is not possible using the iPhone personal hotspot. ATT claims that gaming is possible on their website in the hotspot plan description, but that is not true. Switching to the hotspot plan cost me my unlimited plan based on false advertising by ATT.

REPEAT: You CANNOT use the iPhone personal hotspot for gaming due to the NAT type 3 setting, and it can not be changed.

Mar 30, 2014 9:38 AM in response to laffertyinc

Well just in case anyone reads this and thinks that you cannot use your iPhone as a hotspot to play online games. I have been playing GTA online and using every form of gameplay team death match, races, free roam etc... and the only suggestion I have is occasionally I can't join a lobby with other players but all I have to do is have a friend invite me in and BOOM your hacking and slashing in no time! =============================================================================== =====================================================================

iPhone 5 hotspot for Playstation 3 online?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.