Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Configurator 1.2.1 _ Redeeming one VPP code in iTunes but then Configurator won't allocate it. I have to use iTunes to install that app on to the last Supervised iPad I'm installing on.

I thought the "you have to redeem one for iTunes" problem was resolved. Seems like it's using the first code as a redeemed App that can only be installed via iTunes. Which, oddly, works.

I need to be able to pull the apps back into Configurator. I don't mind the $0.99 apps but one app is $299.99. Scary!

OSX 10.8.2, Apple Configurator 1.2.1 and iTunes 10.7.

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 11:05 AM

3 replies

Nov 9, 2012 11:29 AM in response to gyrhead

It's giving me an "App not Authorized" error for the last device in a Supervised Group when I add the app and "Refresh" the group. It does leaves "1" available by the app icon (Supervised/App) so it looks like it's available. But the "triangled" last iPad in a Supervised group says "App not Authorized. (No more redemtion codes available. This code has already been used. Each code may only be used once.)"

Is it how I'm pulling the first code into iTunes? I'm using the first code in the VPP xls list.

Thanks for any insight!

Nov 9, 2012 12:21 PM in response to JAalto

Hmmm, I can also install by logging into the App Store on the iPad with my "Installmanager" Account and click on the "cloud" next to the app in "Purchased". Could this be an iCloud issue? Is it reserving an app?

My Boss set up the "Installmanager" account initially so I hesitate to change the iCloud settings.

Apple Configurator 1.2.1 _ Redeeming one VPP code in iTunes but then Configurator won't allocate it. I have to use iTunes to install that app on to the last Supervised iPad I'm installing on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.