1. Tough to tell, most likely the Disc, but could be anything.
2. SL/10.6 would likely be cheaper...
Snow Leopard/10.6.x Requirements...
* Mac computer with an Intel processor
* 1GB of memory (I say 4GB at least, more if you can afford it)
* 5GB of available disk space (I say 30GB at least)
* DVD drive for installation
* Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
* Some features require Apple’s MobileMe service; fees and terms apply.
Which apps work with Mac OS X 10.6?...
It's been pulled from the online store & Apple Stores, so you have to call Apple to buy it, last I heard.
Call Apple Sales...in the US: 1-800-MY-APPLE. Or Support... 1-800-275-2273
PS. If eBaying for a 10.5 Install Disc, be aware Gray Discs are mostly Vomputer specific.
Alright well it took about 30 minutes to install (not a problem for me) and after this it gave the message "Snow Leopard was properly installed on your 'Untitled' Hard Drive with a big check mark, restarts the computer, plays the welcome video (really cool if I must say so) and you run through the setup sequence for the first time use. Then, it works!!!