Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Printing from WIN XP to MAC OS X using Bonjour

3306 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2010 11:46 AM by nabilalk RSS
nabilalk Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 18, 2006 2:13 PM
Hi,

I am trying to Print to my Powerbook using bonjour, with the printer connected to a WIN XP machine. I downloaded WIN Bonjour and installed it, but it seems as if this is more for people who have the printer connected to the MAC. Is there a way that I can keep my printer connected to my PC, and print on my MAC?

I should mention that I have a CANON i560 and that Canon's drivers for the MAC don't seem to work for the printer. I print over the network and the text is shrunk, which is a driver issue. Is there any way to make Bonjour work with my PC?
Powerbook G4 12 inch, Mac OS X (10.4.3), 100 GB HD, Superdrive, 1.25 GB RAM
  • iFelix Level 8 Level 8 (35,145 points)
    Apr 19, 2006 12:51 AM (in response to nabilalk)
    No you can't use Bonjour and the usual process won't work with the Canon drivers.

Printing to a printer on a XP PC from a Mac running 10.4.x
    http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/3015.html

However the Canon drivers usually don't work across a network in this way.

It should work with the PrintFab Drivers (but these cost).
    rabbit
    iFelix
    G5 PowerMac Dual 2GHz G4 PowerBook 1.5GHz MacBook Pro 2Ghz Mac mini 1.5GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.5), iPod video, P910i, AEBS, AX, eyeTV, VAIO, Windows XP, 2000, TARDIS, Citroen C3
  • iFelix Level 8 Level 8 (35,145 points)
    Apr 19, 2006 1:44 PM (in response to nabilalk)
    Any other
    drivers that I can use that are free for a
    Canoni560???

No.

Only other option is to sell the printer and get another one has drivers which can allow the printer to be shared.
    rabbit
    iFelix
    G5 PowerMac Dual 2GHz G4 PowerBook 1.5GHz MacBook Pro 2Ghz Mac mini 1.5GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.5), iPod video, P910i, AEBS, AX, eyeTV, VAIO, Windows XP, 2000, TARDIS, Citroen C3

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.