Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Urgent iMovie 6 Question--PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey everyone in the Support Community,

I was recently editing a school project on iMovie 6 (on a Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11) when the screen just froze. Nothing on the entire screen would respond. So I foolishly pulled the plug on the computer, and when I turned it back on, I was unable to open the movie file. I would double click on the icon, it would load about a third of the way, and then iMovie would quit. Because it always stopped loading and quit at the same point, I figure I corrupted a file by pulling the plug. So, basically, I screwed up an iMovie file and now can't open it. 😊

User uploaded file

(This is where it would always lock up)

User uploaded file

(And here's what happened)

I am really clueless about what to do. I tried searching web forums, spent a half-hour just trying to brute force it, and even called the Apple Support Hotline (they apparently don't offer assistance for computers/apps as old as mine 😝) If I haven't been clear enough about the problem, I'd be happy to give any additional information.

I would super-appreciate any help. This project needs to be completed by this coming Tuesday (it's currently Friday) and I have a couple other guys relying on me to finish up the editing. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I WOULD BE FOREVER GRATEFUL!!! 😁

-Dannie

iMovie 6-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.4.11), PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS URGENT!!!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 3:59 PM

Unless you saved the project it will have become corrupted by that sudden shut-down.

You may need to re-create the project.

But first try this:

Close iMovie. Go to to Home/Library/Preferences and delete the file com.apple.iMovie.plist

Restart iMovie and reset all your preferences, then try opening that project again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2012 3:59 PM in response to dannymaca

Unless you saved the project it will have become corrupted by that sudden shut-down.

You may need to re-create the project.

But first try this:

Close iMovie. Go to to Home/Library/Preferences and delete the file com.apple.iMovie.plist

Restart iMovie and reset all your preferences, then try opening that project again.

Urgent iMovie 6 Question--PLEASE HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.