Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios5 but Google maps have disappeared

I have purposely avoided upgrading to ios6 mainly because of the maps issue. (there's another issue: my boyfriend i0s6 can no longer use his bluetooth headseat)

Anyway, I recently had to update my computer, new drive, hassles, etc. And when I plugged in my phone and merged all my apps GOOGLE MAPS WAS MISSING. I'm still using ios5, but no maps app no more.

I've searched my old itunes media folder and no google maps. I know it came with the phone and so none of those pre-packaged apps show up, at least for me, in the old itunes media folder. But does anybody know what the old Google maps app was called, so I can do a search for it?

I loved google maps. where is it?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 12:58 PM

It was built into iOS. There is no separate app that you're going to find on your computer.

It can not be deleted.

Settings>General>Resets>Reset Home Page Layout will put it back in its original location on the home screen.

2 replies

ios5 but Google maps have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.