Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar events showing up twice?

My calendars, when I enter an event it shows up twice and I can editi and delete one entry and not the other entry. Any ideas how to correct this?

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:58 PM

3 replies

Nov 10, 2012 9:11 AM in response to lindacornell

Hi Linda,

I understand that you have all your calendars twice, both under iCloud and on my iMAc, and both are checked. Correct ?

I would suggest first of all to make a backup of all your calendars on your HD, becouse the way to eliminate the doubled could result in deleting both (all). You can do a backup of each calendar from File.. Export... and save somewere the .ics file for each calendar.

You can try to deselect one of them from the cal on your Mac. You should now see only one event.

If it works delete tha calendar on your iMac and check if the iCloud remains. Connect also your other devices and wait few minutes to be sure that iCloud sinc does not delete the entries on the other devices.

If everithing goes OK proceede with other calendars.

If you eventually delete both copyes of one calendar you will be able to recover from the backup.

You may also look here to find some other info http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4901?viewlocale=en_US

Calendar events showing up twice?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.