Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Pages Won't Sync, but Numbers Does

Those of you out there who have problems with iOS iWork (Pages, Keynote, and/or Numbers) not syncing documents you have stored in iCloud—I assume you are here because you have already tried things such as:

1. Verified icloud.com shows your documents.
  2. Restarted iOS Device.
  3. Disabled and enabled iCloud Data & Documents.
  4. Turned off iCloud and then turned it back on.
  5. Some combination of the above.

...and you're still having trouble. Well, when things in iOS-land get horked, the easiest fix is sometimes to take the following steps:

1. Make a backup. If you backup to iTunes, restore should be faster, but iCloud backups are fine (I usually use iCloud backups). Make sure you have a backup before proceeding to step 2.
    1. For iTunes, plug the device in, open iTunes, right-click your device in the Devices list, and choose Backup.
    2. For iCloud, go to Settings->iCloud->Storage & Backup, and choose to backup now.
  2. Erase all the content and settings of your iOS device. Almost all applications store their settings and data correctly so they will survive a backup/restore. Settings->General->Reset (last item)->Erase All Content and Settings.
  3. When the erase is done, follow the instructions to restore your iOS device from the backup you made.

Yeah, it feels a little risky, but it fixes the vast majority of the iOS quirks that I've come across so far.

In the earlier days of Mac OS X, users were often instructed to throw away .plist files to reset features to get things working again. These sporadic iOS issues feel very similar, but we don't have access to the filesystem to reset things and the options we do have control over don't always clean up after themselves.

Hope this helps someone.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 4:39 PM

3 replies

Nov 3, 2013 8:01 AM in response to James Hood

I have problems w/ this, too! Trying to sync data from iPad2 to iPad4 using iCloud, as i cant use iTunes due to outdated computer/OS. Everything transferred except my Pages documents. No matter what I do, I can't get Pages to sync. I have noticed that the Restore button in Pages under Settings won't stay on. Don't know if this is part of the problem or not?? Any other suggestions? I NEED my documents as I'm a writer. Thanks much!!

Nov 6, 2013 1:53 PM in response to Pokoy389

Hi! It's me again. I answered this in a different thread but will post it here, too, as I don't know how to delete my request.

Interesting, as I've ever answered one of my own questions before. Hope this helps someone else.

On your new iPad, click on your App Store icon. Go to "Purchased" and scroll thru you purchases until you find Pages. Click on the Cloud next to it. If you're not updated to the latest version, you will need to do so. This in itself will transfer your documents over to your new iPad.

iOS Pages Won't Sync, but Numbers Does

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.