Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5th generation iPod touch quality control issues....

I have purchased two iPod Touches, both 5th generation black/slate color.

The first iPod I purchased, fresh out of the package, had a dent on the back. I returned this iPod for a refund.

I thought I would try purchasing another and did so today.

I just unboxed it and found scratches all over the place. Some scratches deep enough to see the silver color behind the black coating.

The screen on the second iPod touch has a blue tint, very washed out. Colors are nowhere near as vivid as I seen on the first iPod touch I had purchased.

I will have to return the second iPod as well.

Am I just unlucky or is there anyone else out there with issues like I have experienced?

There seems to be quality control issues with these new iPods.

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1, iPod Touch 5th Generation

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:25 PM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2013 2:40 AM in response to Shannon March

I returned several ipod touch 5s for nicks and dents out of the box. One had a screen with yellow/blue tinting. I'm waiting a few more months before I gamble again. One had a loose clicking screen. Never got a close look at most of the screens since I was dealing with the nicks and dents.

I agree, there seems to be issues with IOS devices frames and displays. More people need to stop lurking and post their issues to wake up Apple.

5th generation iPod touch quality control issues....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.