Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to boot into osx but able to boot into windows?

Got a weird issue. with white mac book 4.1 model: a1181 running 10.7.x

System locked up on Apple spinning wheel; right after a reboot of updates.

* cleared NVRAM / PRAM

- when i cleared the PRAM - i got the ring/ding apple sound come back at boot prior to clearing PRAM it would boot silently no usual apple tone at boot

Here are te symptoms i am experiencing:

unable to boot into osx safe mode or regular mode or option-r - just get spinning wheel

unable to boot from DVD OSX 10.6 or 10.7

unable to boot from USB osx 10.7

able to boot into windows 7 partition ( odd my mac will only run windows how ironic )

able to boot into option-s ( single user / shell mode )

when i run /sbin/fsck -fy ( it always says *** file system was modified *** the first time when i run it again it says ** volume appears ok **

More info that may help:

in verbose mode system seems to halt on of these lines

• SMCreaddata8 failed for key BEMB
  • resetting iocatalogue
  • waiting for window server before finshing bluetooth setup ( after typing EXIT from shell in single-user mode [option-s])

I have another Mac Book very similiar the black Mac Book 2.1 ( if i put my white HDD in to black mac; it boots no problem; I've even just ONCE though have had the black mac HDD boot up in the white mac )

I am at a loss - dont know what to try next - all i know is i got a Mac Book that will only run Windows - it will not let me access OSX partition or boot to a OSX DVD / USB . Oh the irony.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5), will boot into Windows 7 partition

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:22 AM

There are no replies.

unable to boot into osx but able to boot into windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.