Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing in Pages '09

Hi to those who can give me a clue on solving this rather puzzling query,

Im trying to create some double sided business cards in Pages '09, so using the business card template given in pages, I've done the design but when Im printing, im getting some alignment problems.

As they are double sided, im printing the 'front' page, and then turning over the page in the printer and then printing the 'back' page of the business card.

The problem I have is that when the two sides are viewed, the horizontal cut guides are lined up perfectly, but the vertical lines are approx 0.2mm out of line with each other.

I've try to search printer options to get the print to print 'central' as it seems that each print is slightly to the left but I cant seem to find any settings to select this.

Im using a wireess HP Printsmart C4780 so the printer gives a limited touchscreen for options, none which mention that prints can be B+W, or central aligned.

And while I'm on the subject of templates, the blue lines that apple provide as document guides can be moved and deleted as such, but what about those black markers!? How are even created if I want to make a custom document like the one Apple provides!?

Many Thanks to all that can help,

Rhys.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 4:10 AM

3 replies

Nov 11, 2012 9:09 AM in response to Walt K

ERROR CORRECTION:

In step 5 above the text should read:

Now insert the square Shape and resize it like this box

and in the Graphic Inspector set the Stroke to NONE and the Fill to white.
This will leave the lines showing as crop marks. (If doesn’t look that way, select the box and go Arrange > Bring to Front.)

User uploaded file

Sorry,

Walt

Nov 26, 2012 9:17 AM in response to rhy5davie5

While I cant answer the 2mm offset print query (but im blaming my printer for), what I can answer is this:

"And while I'm on the subject of templates, the blue lines that apple provide as document guides can be moved and deleted as such, but what about those black markers!? How are even created if I want to make a custom document like the one Apple provides!?"

Those black lines which come out in a print (cut guidelines) can be moved and/or deleted.

To do this, click right on top of any black line you see, you might not think its been selected but a small black cross will appear at the end of the line.

Then go to: Arrange > Unlock.

Then the line can be moved, lengthened, edited or deleted as preferred.

To make the line unmovable again by accident. Select it and then hit: Arrange > Lock.

Printing in Pages '09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.