Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change email associated with an account?

I wish to change the email address associated with my itunes account. However, the email address to which I wish to change is already associated with another account which I no longer use. Help woudl be much appreciated. Many thanks. Martin

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 4:43 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

Go to http://appleid.apple.com, login with the old Apple ID and remove the email. Then, login with your Apple ID and add the mail to the Apple ID

5 replies

Nov 22, 2013 6:06 PM in response to mtuk100

When I do that it just creates a new account and my music purchases aren't there. The old email address is the name of the account.

I want to change the name of the account, which is the email address. How do I do that?

I can't authorize my laptop without answering via the old email address which I can't access.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could figure this out. I've been trying for a very long time and nothing works. Thank you!

Jul 6, 2015 11:33 PM in response to Clyde Railsback

You can update the primary email address on an account, that doesn't lose any of the account's purchases (the person you replied to created a new iTunes account instead of updating their existing one and then wanted to merge those two accounts, which you can't do). You can change the primary email address by logging into the account via the Account > View Account menu option on your computer's iTunes (Store > View Account on older iTunes), or by logging into it via 'manage your apple id' button on http://appleid.apple.com

Change primary email address : Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

After changing it : What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

How to change email associated with an account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.