Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cut and paste details in info using Automator

Hi, i have recently added many files to iTunes, these music files are from tv show soundtracks, the artists names are in the artist field and the season/episode is in the album field.

What i normally do is have the name of the show/season in the artist field (to keep the music to that show all together) and the artist in the album field.

As there is 9 seasons (530 songs) the cut or copy and pasting will take a very long time, from artist to album, i know you can rename multiple tracks with the same name in the info box.

My question is: can i run Automator to cut and paste from album field to comments field and the same from artist field to album field, so i would like add all the tracks i wanted to change into Automator, then the command would alter each track as required, similar to renaming etc, the end result should show the artist field blank, the album would have the artist name and the comments field would have the show/season episode.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 12gb Ram

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:15 AM

1 reply

Cut and paste details in info using Automator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.