Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I make my videos viewable with a Windows machine? iWeb

I'm using iWeb '09 and a Mac computer to make my website and I want to make some videos so they can be seen by Macs and Windows machines and I want them to stream what do I use it what's a good place to read about how to use it?

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 4 GB ram iWeb '09 3.0.4

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:13 AM

3 replies

Nov 10, 2012 1:21 PM in response to indigorob

All modern browsers support the HTML5 video tag although you need to provide different movie formats to suit them all - MP4, OGV and WebM.

If you want to cater to older browsers like IE 6, 7,8 and Firefox 3 you need to have flash fallback. This has the added advantage of only requiring one file - an MP4 - since the more modern versions of Firefox need OGV or WebM but will use the flash version...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/Website-Movie-Video/Fallback-To-Flash.html

If you are putting more than one movie on a page or are catering for mobile devices you should use a poster image and set preload to "none" in the HTML.

Nov 11, 2012 2:12 PM in response to Roddy

Roddy;

I have been authoring my own website for years and I used Netscape Communicator and up loaded it with Fetch and I just kind a got into iWeb a little bit deeper than I had before a I like it except I can't get a movie to show on a Windows machine (at least my daughters) to save myself. I make the movies with Keynote and QuickTime and make a movie .MOV out of them. When I look at them on my Mac they are great but any Windows machine and it shows a little puzzle picture and says it won't show it. So my question is what percentage of people's computers can't look at my movies. I am a guitar teacher of 45 years and I'm trying to archive my findings over the years and movies are an absolute must slideshows and that sort of sound moving pictures documents PDFs all that I bought your iWeb for musicians thing and I've read a bunch of other some stuff I understand but others I just have no idea what you're talking about you say I'm supposed to have a media player folder in my root folder and there is no such thing. There is a folder called media and it does have my movies .MOV in it. How can I make a Windows machine show it? Everything you sent me and told me just confuses me more.

Rob Swaynie

www.indyguitar.com

(317) 291-9495

how do I make my videos viewable with a Windows machine? iWeb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.