Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After IOUSB install, ALL USB dead (including keyboard)

I was interested in doing USB device development, so downloaded Apple's USB development s/w. At the end of install, a reboot was required. Following reboot, all USB was dead, including mouse and keyboard. REbooting in single user mode does not resolve the problem. Rebooting in Lion recovery mode everything works (mouse, keyboard), so it's not hardware, but there doesn't appear to be any option to simply remove the offending software. Tried rebooting in Safe Mode, but the problem is present there too. Tried remote login, but that doesn't appear to be enabled (I can't recall whether I left it enabled - probably not).

Is there some way to remotely access the command line - some boot process that leaves the possibility of command line access remotely? If so, how do I ssh into the target computer? (Is it just user@ipaddress? Or do I need to specify a port number?)

I tried to reinstall Lion, but that wouldn't work because my login info is on the target computer. - and I don't recall the login info. When I select the "Forgot" option, the page just cycles back to selecting the target disk for lion install.

If Apple hadn't made system disks unavailable, this would be a 2 minute fix - just boot from the DVD, go to the command line and delete the offending files.

Are there any other options??

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), IOUSB kit

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:59 AM

There are no replies.

After IOUSB install, ALL USB dead (including keyboard)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.