Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone5 not showing up in devices tab on iMac, can't transfer songs from computer to phone

I have a new iPhone5 and an iMac running Snow Leopard. I have scads of songs on my computer that are mostly from CDs. When I hooked the new phone up to the computer, the newly purchased songs on the phone loaded onto the computer automatically. However, the phone does not show up in the "devices" tab on the Finder and I can't see any way to transfer all the songs from the computer to the phone. Many thanks for all help. -J

iMac dual quad i5, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 7:03 PM

1 reply

Nov 20, 2012 8:31 AM in response to J Beau

This has to be one of the most useless forums on the Internet. Of the 15 problems I have posted here, I have gotten solutions to only THREE! Several others I found the answer to myself, and posted them. Many of my problems have absolutely NO responses to whatsoever, including this one.

If any real Apple employees scour this forum looking for ways to help customers, they aren't doing any kind of a decent job at it. In fact, I doubt that Apple "wastes" its money doing any such thing at all. We are left to our own devices, or to call Apple Support with its additional hassle.

I'm a member of several other support forums, and I can tell you that within hours and sometimes minutes, my questions are answered, often with very detailed suggestions from people who are obvious experts. Almost invariably, these are forums where the administrators are unpaid volunteers, and they are full of expert members who just like helping out. Why are there so few such people in this official Apple community?

Does anyone know of any Apple/Mac forums where people actually get help with their problems? -J

iPhone5 not showing up in devices tab on iMac, can't transfer songs from computer to phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.