Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was always instructed by Apple to install all updates. I followed their advice and my Java disappeared and I can no longer play pogo scrabble. pogo's "advice" to install Java is useless. HELP PLEASE!

I was always instructed by Apple to install all new updates offered. When I installed the last one on my 10.5.7 macbook, my java disappeared. Java's advice is useless. I can no longer play pogo scrabble without java. Please help. Thank you very much.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:21 PM

3 replies

Nov 11, 2012 11:30 AM in response to Radiation Mac

Radiation Mac wrote:

Java by Oracle is now considered by Apple as a severe security risk to OS X, and so their last Update removed it.

Huh? Wow, what FUD is this? The Java Runtime Environment, version 7, is now under Oracle's purview, not Apple's. The only thing removed was the Java Preferences.app. That was replaced by the Java prefPane. Please get your facts straight. Java isn't a severe security risk. Malware has exploited holes, but those have been closed by the latest Java update.

I was always instructed by Apple to install all updates. I followed their advice and my Java disappeared and I can no longer play pogo scrabble. pogo's "advice" to install Java is useless. HELP PLEASE!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.