Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an iphone 5 unlocked from verizon. Can i use it in Greece with vodafone carrier?

I bought an iphone 5 unlocked from verizon. Can i use it in Greece with vodafone carrier? or is ti better to buy on from AT&T?

iPhone 5

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 2:09 AM

6 replies

Nov 11, 2012 3:10 AM in response to matmax11

It would be best to purchase an officially unlocked iPhone 5 in any EU country, rather than purchase one in the US. You purchase any US iPhone, & you will have no warranty/support in Greece & LTE will not be available. Doesn't make any sense, to me, to purchase a US iPhone, unless you live in the US & intend to use it in the US or the iPhone simply isn't sold where you live. In your case, buy your phone in the EU.

Nov 11, 2012 2:25 PM in response to matmax11

It's your money, do what you like. If you insist on purchasing a US iPhone 5, you want the officially unlocked model. That model is currently unavailable in the US, & no one here would know when it will be available. When it is available, it will only be sold in Apple stores or the online Apple store...NO WHERE ELSE.

Good luck.

Nov 11, 2012 2:40 PM in response to wjosten

Verizon is cdma - no sims card Att is simms card based I would contact Vodaphone and get their opinion of the situation (i believe there technology is sims based) http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/index.htm to help you make the correct decision.

I would also explore the unlocked option with them (greece vodaphone) and a states based carrier (att) so you can use the phone in the states and eu if you travel

I bought an iphone 5 unlocked from verizon. Can i use it in Greece with vodafone carrier?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.