Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merging Apple ID

I Have Create my Apple ID with ******@ymail.com

after that when iCloud came, I have create my apple id for iCloud as ********@me.com,

but now Apple have an new domain ******@iCloud.com.

so I have 3 domain name for my Apple iPhone. this is making very confuse for me to making facetime or mailing or somthing else.

so Please I'm asking to you to merge the ID's and allow to use 1 or 2 ID Ex.: *******@me.com and ********@iCloud.com. like that.

Thanks,

Baabuji

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2016 8:17 PM

I have the same issue. I'm dropping my @yahoo.com address, which is currently my Apple ID with all of my purchases. I don't want to lose all of my purchases and need to merge into an Apple based domain (me.com, icloud.com)

Thanks, Chuck

4 replies

Oct 7, 2016 8:31 PM in response to aroo70

A fellow poster came up with this idea just a couple of hours ago, and I think it will be the solution for a situation like yours.

Set up Family Sharing on the account that you want to be your Primary Apple ID (the @me.com ID). Then invite your old ID to join your family. Be sure to turn on Share My Purchases for both IDs. You will want to sign in the yahoo.com ID on a separate computer since signing in to Family Sharing associates the device or computer to the Apple ID that is using it. If you have a Mac, just sign the yahoo.com Apple ID into iCloud and iTunes on a different user account (I used the Guest Account to do this).

Here is the link to explain how to set up Family Sharing:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Here is another one that may help:

Apple - iCloud - Family Sharing

Best of luck,

GB

Dec 18, 2016 3:16 PM in response to gail from maine

GB,

Very genius. I have been trying to find a solution to the problem of not having access to purchases from multiple accounts. I followed your instructions and it worked like a charm.

BTW - I didn't need to use a guest account. I just logged off then back on through my device (iphone) after accepting the family sharing invitation.

Thanks,

ER

Dec 18, 2016 7:35 PM in response to edward.james.ruiz

Hi ER! Glad that was what you needed to manage your multiple IDs.

Just want to make sure that you are aware of associating devices and computers to your Apple ID, and the potential limitations that it can cause. The reason I used a different User Account on my Mac is because I did not want to associate my Mac under my primary User ID to a different Apple ID than my primary one. Family Sharing is one of the functions that will tie a device or computer to a particular Apple ID for 90 days.

Here is the relevant portion of a support article concerning Associated Devices/Computers:

Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or Android phone automatically associate with your Apple ID and iTunes when you:

When you try to associate another Apple ID with a device that was already associated, you might see a message that says, "This device is associated with another Apple ID. You cannot associate this device with another Apple ID for [number] days." Depending on when you associated your device with your Apple ID, you might need to wait up to 90 days to associate the device with another Apple ID.

I just want to make sure that you do not tie up anything for 90 days with an ID that you don't really want to use as your primary. Here is the link to the entire article: View and remove your associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support

Cheers,

GB

Merging Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.