Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud on macbook doesn't recognize correct Apple ID/password

I've been trying to sign into iCloud using my CORRECT Apple ID / password combination but it keeps telling me my password is incorrect.

I know this is not true because I just used the same Apple ID / password combo to sign into this Apple support community (which was required in order to post this message). Also, I have had no problems using it to download apps on my iphone from the App Store.

I've tried changing my password (as prompted to do by Apple Support, since there is no password recovery) and while my iphone / App store sign in recognizes the new combination, my macbook doesn't.

Please help.

Thank you.

MacBook Air, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:50 AM

3 replies

Dec 18, 2012 4:06 AM in response to Csound1

Hi. I have been having the same issue for a short while. I am able to use mye Apple-id on all devices except when trying to login to my iCloud-account on my MacBook Pro (this goes for <settings>), but loging into icloud.com is just fine.

I have had no previous issues with loging into iCloud using my Apple-id. It seems my Mac will not verify my password, even though I have changed my password numerous times..

PLEASE HELP!

iCloud on macbook doesn't recognize correct Apple ID/password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.