Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4 suddenly switched off.

About 2 hours ago my iPhone 4 that I bought for under 2 years ago suddenly switched off and now the screen is black.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 7:05 AM

Could be a hardware problem.

If the iPhone does not power on when connected to the power adaptor and/or doesn't power on when doing a reset, more than likely there is a hardware problem with the battery or something else.

13 replies

Nov 11, 2012 7:22 AM in response to Norway91

Under the Terms of Use of this forum it is prohibited to discuss jail breaking. By jail breaking your iPhone you void any warranty you may have, forfeit any support from this forum, leave your iPhone vulnerable to malware and risk bricking your iPhone should you attempt future software updates or restoring your iPhone - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3743.

Nov 11, 2012 7:31 AM in response to Allan Sampson

I dont access my bank with my phone, I dont do anything but call, text and internet. I'm so angy for the jail***ak part, I told him not to do it, but he just had to! I knew all the ****** backsides that would come with the breaking. Now I probably have to shio it to yhe suport and be without any phone for about 2 weeks...dont do the break kids.

Jun 18, 2015 1:11 PM in response to The Huntress

Thanks a lot THE HUNTRESS.. It helped me.. Saved my iPhone. 🙂

The HuntressNov 11, 2012 7:06 AM Re: My iPhone 4 suddenly switched off.
Re: My iPhone 4 suddenly switched off.in response to Norway91

Try a reset by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button and the home button for 20 seconds (maybe longer) until the Apple logo appears, ignore the red slider. Then turn back on. You won't lose any data doing the reset.

My iPhone 4 suddenly switched off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.