Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot load and completely open iTunes and Safari

I have partioned my computer's harddrive into two sections: Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion. The Mountain Lion section is fine, but I'm having trouble with building the Snow Leopard section. I installed the Snow Leopard operating system into its designated section. That provided twenty-two icons in the dock, among them being iTunes and Safari. The problem is that clicking on either iTunes or Safri only produces an ad for them.The other twenty icons open properly and completely,but not iTunes and Safari. Apparently, I'm missing the step that opens them completely. What is it?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 10:54 AM

3 replies

Nov 11, 2012 12:04 PM in response to BDAqua

BDAqua wrote:

Hi Niku,

Open the Applications folder, find those two Apps, double click on them, if they don't open that way do a Get Info on them & report what it says about them.

That didn't help, but before coming back here I found the "problem" with Safari and fixed it. I was hopeful that maybe iTunes had the same problem, but it didn't. I still have been unable to COMPLETELY open iTunes. By "Get Info" I presume you meant for me to Right-Click. I did, but doing that supplied no useful information.

Nov 11, 2012 1:30 PM in response to Niku

Niku wrote:

BDAqua wrote:

Hi Niku,

Open the Applications folder, find those two Apps, double click on them, if they don't open that way do a Get Info on them & report what it says about them.

That didn't help, but before coming back here I found the "problem" with Safari and fixed it. I was hopeful that maybe iTunes had the same problem, but it didn't. I still have been unable to COMPLETELY open iTunes. By "Get Info" I presume you meant for me to Right-Click. I did, but doing that supplied no useful information.

---

Final word: I found the solution but then ran into a new problem, so I'll close this topic and repost with the current problem. Thanks for your help.

Cannot load and completely open iTunes and Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.