Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an update of final cut pro 7 (and I first installed the final cut pro 6 from a friend and then updated with final cut pro 7) but now i have a new mac BUT I do no longer have access to the final cut pro 6 and so can not install on my new mac; help!

I have an update of final cut pro 7 (and I first installed the final cut pro 6 from a friend and then updated with final cut pro 7) but now i have a new mac BUT I do no longer have access to the final cut pro 6 and so can not install on my new mac; help!

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 11:24 AM

5 replies

Nov 11, 2012 12:51 PM in response to Toonfromnajac

You don't need to install the previous version to install FCP 7 (FCS3) from an upgrade disc - but you do need the serial number for the last full version of FCP you own to install it.

When you install from the upgrade disc, you will be prompted for two serial numbers - the serial number of the full version you are upgrading, and the serial number of the upgrade you are installing.

MtD

Nov 18, 2012 9:41 AM in response to Meg The Dog

Dear Meg, thanks for your reply, sorry for not coming back earlier, I am just back from Kenya (no Safari but work) with limited access to internet.

I did enter my upgradee serial number, but as said i do not have the serial number of the full version; is there any possibility that you or somebody could give me such a number ?

thanks

toon

Nov 18, 2012 10:37 AM in response to Meg The Dog

Dear Meg

This issue is that i did not purchase the full version i only purchased the final cut studio 3.0 upgrade (so version 7); so i do not have any written record or documentation of the previous full version (unless i could find this in electronic form on my macbook pro; on which 2 years ago this upgrade version was put , as said by a friend who is no longer there and with whom i lost contact.

thanks

Toon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.