You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro trackpad water damage

3 weeks ago i spilled a drop of water onto my trackpad and started acting crazy, i turned it off, flipped it over and let it dry, but 3 weeks have passed and the trackpad is still presenting symptoms, i don't know if there still water inside or if it's permanente damage. The trackpad lower area above the click does not recognize any finger movement, it sometimes works perfectly after i left it shut down for a while but then erratic movement starts to pop-up and after a while the lower area of the trackpad is not recognizing again. The trackpad recognizes all finger gestures, so it works perfectly fine while the lower area of the trackpad does not recognize. Sorry if it's difficult to understand, English is not my first language.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 11:23 AM

7 replies

Nov 11, 2012 12:10 PM in response to DonGir

How true. But if you are running Snow Leopard chances are good your warranty is expired unless you purchased the Extended Warranty.

No matter what you do, recent models have sensors for liquids. You cannot hide the fact that water or other liquids have been spilled on the computer.

Of course you can try to replace the trackpad yourself, but then that also may void the warranty.

Macbook Pro trackpad water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.