Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Renaming Music Tracks?

HELP! 😟 Ok, so I just bought this new CD. It's a soundtrack for the best game ever!!!! I've played it like five times already and I just got it yesterday.

Here's the problem. When I imported it into my iTunes library, it names all the tracks like:

Track 01

Track 02

Track 03

(you get the idea)

How do I rename the songs and put in their actual titles?

iTunes 10.7.0.21-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 1:54 PM

If they are already in your iTunes Library, highlight a song (track) and then click on File/Get Info/Info and you can then type in the information you want in the fields on that Info tab.

If you select all the tracks from the CD at one time, you can change the album name for every track in one go.

If the tracks are by different artists, make sure you tick the Part of a compilation box. For a single track, it's on the Info tab, where you need to put a tick-in-the-box:

User uploaded file

or for the complete album in one go, it's on the Options tab, where you need to change the drop-down option to "Yes":

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2012 1:54 PM in response to chrisj1398

If they are already in your iTunes Library, highlight a song (track) and then click on File/Get Info/Info and you can then type in the information you want in the fields on that Info tab.

If you select all the tracks from the CD at one time, you can change the album name for every track in one go.

If the tracks are by different artists, make sure you tick the Part of a compilation box. For a single track, it's on the Info tab, where you need to put a tick-in-the-box:

User uploaded file

or for the complete album in one go, it's on the Options tab, where you need to change the drop-down option to "Yes":

User uploaded file

Renaming Music Tracks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.