Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to open hidden disk image

Hello,

I found a hidden disk image that I hid. I can only see the image when using omni disk sweep. When I click on the disk nothing happens. There are 10gb of data on there I would like to acess. Using omni disk sweep it does give me the option it looks to erase the disk, but I would like to see inside not erase.

Any insight is greatly apreciated.

I have early 2008 macbook with snow lepord.

Cheers,

Bryce

MacBook

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 2:44 PM

5 replies

Nov 11, 2012 2:57 PM in response to Bryceon44

I hid using disk utility and password protected. I named it " .english_final.dmg" trying to make it very unlikely someone would come across the file. I may have selected option to make it not show up in search aswell. In disk utility I think I accidently pressed delete or something and it dissapeared but did not end up in trash. So i assumed it was gone forever until onmni sweep saw it.

is there a way using terminal to find it?

thanks

How to open hidden disk image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.