Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an apple ID that I made a while ago with an old email (@verizon.net). Then, I made a new email (@gmail.com) and accidentally made a new apple ID with it. I want to change my old apple ID (@verizon.net) to my new email (@gmail.com).

I have an apple ID that I made a while ago with an old email (@verizon.net). Then, I made a new email (@gmail.com) and accidentally made a new apple ID with it. I want to change my old apple ID (@verizon.net) to my new email (@gmail.com). When I go to apple ID website I selected 'edit' on my current apple ID (@verizon.net) so I could change it to my new email (@gmail.com). But, it said that the (@gmail.com) is in use. How do I change this?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 3:58 PM

First go to your Gmail account and change the Apple ID with a made-up email address that doesn't exist.

Then go to your Verizon account and change the Apple ID to your Gmail address. It should work fine now.

3 replies

I have an apple ID that I made a while ago with an old email (@verizon.net). Then, I made a new email (@gmail.com) and accidentally made a new apple ID with it. I want to change my old apple ID (@verizon.net) to my new email (@gmail.com).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.