Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod 30GB 2005 model wont charge

I have just obtained an old 2005 model ipod 30GB bothing special worked at the store I bought it from now as it is connected to my computer it has a symbols representing it has no battery and only says Please wait very low battery with the spinning lines I bought this for my wife becuse she does not like the newer models, I can not return it as I purchased it in another city and I think it goes without saying it has no warranty with apple, any ideas on how I can get this to charge? More Info: do not have a wall charger to test it it only came with the cable to connect to the computer I do have an RCA Radio Ipod clock but it does the same thing telling me to wait. thank you all for your time in helping resolve this matter.

iPod classic, Other OS, Windows 8 Pro

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 3:42 PM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2012 10:12 PM in response to planb77

ok so I had to open it up and the flex cable was inserted wrong,now it gives me the sad face ipod, I attempted to put it into disk mode first attempt worked I connected to my pc and just as it was opening in itunes it dies now when I try to put it into disk mode again it only returns to the sad face I do not understand why if it worked on the first attempt to put into disk mode HELP Please.....😕😢😕

Ipod 30GB 2005 model wont charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.