Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s - cant connect to home wifi

For months my iPhone 4s, now running iOS 6, has been having trouble connecting to wifi. It didn't bother me too much until now, when I can no longer connect to the wifi at home. I reset my network settings, but still no luck. I know the password by heart and have checked it, the password isn't the problem. It will either say "incorrect password" or "unable to connect". On my macbook, ipad, kindle, as well as another iphone in the house, there are no problems connecting to the wifi. We have fios but because of the recent storm and just regaining our internet a few days ago, I'd prefer not to mess around with the router. It is so frustrating to me that I cannot connect to wifi in my own house all of a sudden. I don't want to update to iOS 6.0.1 until I have resolved this (not to mention you need wifi to update anyway). I have seen a lot of other people complain about this iOS 6 wifi glitch, but mine started before I updated. Previously, it would not allow me to connect to most outside networks, home worked fine. Please, if you know of a solution to this problem, let me know before I go over my data plan!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:59 PM

6 replies

Nov 11, 2012 5:08 PM in response to macjam2221

Try followings. It may help you.

First check wifi router setting in pass key type, do the following WPA Personal, and set encription to TKIP and choose your fev SSID with your fev password. Save the setting switch off your router wait for 15 sec switch it on back. This should solve your problem. If you have linksys then 192.168.1.1 is the ip address to enter basic setup.

Good luck.

iphone 4s - cant connect to home wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.