Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iPhone user trying to set up my email with Gmail etc

Help!

Been at this for a few days and i've finally decided to ask for help.

I use Gmail for work. When I send emails from my MB it comes from my work domain.

On the iphone I cant get away from it using my *********@GMAIL.com or "sent on behalf of" which looks very tacky.

How can I use Gmail on my iphone 5 and have all my sent emails show as being sent from my work email address.

Thanks for your help

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 3:03 PM

9 replies

Nov 13, 2012 7:30 AM in response to lukefromsudbury

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the input. I guess I need to clarify my situation a little better.

I've always had a Blackberry and made the sitch last week.

My work email is merely a forward that our ISP handles.

So if you send me an email to me@work.com my ISP forwards it to my Gmail account. Within Gmail I was able to set it up that any email I send or reply to comes from my me@work.com

Now that I have an iphone the game has changed. Using Microsoft Exchange I set up my email and no problem sending or recieving but when I send an email or reply to an email its coming from me@gmail.com and I want it to be coming from my work address.

Thanks again

Luke

new iPhone user trying to set up my email with Gmail etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.