Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased songs from Itunes, downloaded. They play in the songs purchased file and show that they have been downloaded. However they willnot play in Itunes on my computer (Win 7). I click on the individual song get "...original file couldn't be found"

I purchased an album plus an extra song by the same group from Itunes store. They show up in the purchased file. The downloaded button shows they are already downloaded. When I go to my Itunes downloaded purchases the songs are on the list but they wont play. I get the message, "The song " " could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?" I click on locate but can't fine any of the songs. I can't download the songs again from Itunes. I have Win 7. Can anyone help me please?

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 7

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:01 AM

If you cannot locate these tracks via Windows Explorer on your PC, you can delete them from iTunes and redownload again at no cost via iCloud. See this article for more information and assistance.

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

B-rock

3 replies

I purchased songs from Itunes, downloaded. They play in the songs purchased file and show that they have been downloaded. However they willnot play in Itunes on my computer (Win 7). I click on the individual song get "...original file couldn't be found"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.