Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3GS battery life iOS 6.0.1

I updated my iPhone 3GS to iOS 6.0.1 and my battery life has gotten terrible. Use to get all day off a charge not it's dead in <6 hours. Any fixes?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:21 PM

6 replies

Nov 16, 2012 12:07 PM in response to bassbloom

I have the same issue w/ my 4s. My battery life was more than acceptable running iOS 6. I updated to iOS 6.0.1 & now my battery life is HORRIBLE!!! I just charged my phone & according to the usage, ie. Time Since Last Full Charge, was fully charged, yet it only said 94%. I shut my phone off after unplugging it & when I turned it back on, the battery read 97%... ?????

There is definitely something that needs to be addressed w/ the 6.0.1 update!! Really wish I hadn't gotten it!

Nov 16, 2012 1:03 PM in response to Frank0065

I backed up to iTunes did a complete wipe on the phone then restored from the back-up. That didn't help so I completely wiped it again and just started from sctratch. It appears to have fixed the issue at this point but I lost everything on the phone. Had to re-enter contacts manually. Luckily all the apps were in iCloud so and can restore them as needed.

Nov 29, 2012 3:52 PM in response to bassbloom

Had the same problem. Tried many times to go back to 5.1.1 but no success. Then did a restore from an older backup after deleting all "unnecessary (free)" apps. The restore still left me with ios 6.0.1 but is now working without battery problems. My guess is that some of those free apps/games had issues with 6.0.1 Doing this helped me keep all my contacts and important information. Hope this helps.

iPhone 3GS battery life iOS 6.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.