Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Log & Transfer says I have "unsupported media" ??

For the past several months I have been using the Log & Transfer feature in FCE and it has worked perfectly. But now, when I try to log and transfer some clips, a warning comes up that says I have unsupported media. I have checked the file structure and it looks normal; CANON>PRIVATE>AVCHD>BDMV>STREAM>"001.mts". What could the problem be? I'm using a Canon Vixia HF20 and a 16 GB Transcend SD card.

Thanks,

Adam

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:43 PM

4 replies

Nov 12, 2012 6:33 PM in response to Adamb14113

First, try trashing your FCE preferences. Trashing your preferences is usually the first step to take when Final Cut acts strangely.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2611

You can download Preference Manager (free) from Digital Rebellion to have it done for you:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

If that does not work, you can also try copying the entire card to a hard disk drive, and attempt to Log and Transfer from the copy.

If neither of those suggestions work, post back.

MtD

Nov 12, 2012 6:51 PM in response to Adamb14113

Log and Transfer does not work with Standard Definition Media, and there are anecdotal reports the Log and Transfer gets quirky with cards that contain mixed media - HD, SD and/or still images.

Also, in the log and transfer window, click on the gear in the top center portion of the screen, and from the drop down menu, choose preferences:

User uploaded file

When the preferences open, make sure the AVCHD import audio is set to Plain Stereo

User uploaded file

Does that help?

If you have made a copy of the card as a back up, does your camera have a feature that will rebuild the card database (as it possible the card directory has become corrupted)? You may want to try a rebuild the directory, but make sure you have a back up copy of the card first.

MtD

Log & Transfer says I have "unsupported media" ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.