Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

storing photo images

Is there a way to store images in Pages for future use?

Pages-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 6:27 PM

3 replies

Nov 12, 2012 8:51 PM in response to Barry

Thanks, but I'm totally new to Pages and don't know the first thing about pasting things in. Where would I paste things? How does it compare to Microsoft Word, where I could just open a document and cut & paste? What I'd like is one handy place on Pages to access photos I've collected for a book I'm putting together.

Thx,

D

Nov 12, 2012 11:57 PM in response to deeleone

I've had less difficulty cutting and pasting images into Pages than has been my experience with Word. I do find that doing so creates rather large documents, though, and they tend to slow down a bit as they grow larger.

Pages accepts images as either floating or inline objects, and the differences between them and their behaviour may give you some difficulty until you get a feel for those differences.

What you're asking seems doable, but there are probably better applications for managing an image library.

You might want to read Chapter 7 Working with Images, Shapes, and Other Objects, in the Pages '09 User Guide before proceeding too far. The guide is available fro download via the Help menu in Pages '09.

Regards,

Barry

storing photo images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.