Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted photos reappeared

Hi , I,m using a Imac and i've deleted some photos ... to my surprise they all reappeared in double ; result I now have 7200 photos ... My question is what happened ? How do I delete those pictures without having them to reappear ?

Thanks for your help .

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), iOS 6

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:28 AM

I'm using OS 10.6.8 and iPhoto '09 (version 8.1.2), so I'm not sure if this applies to you or not.

First, when you delete a photo from iPhoto, make sure under the left window column Library, you're on Photos and not Events, Faces, or Places. Otherwise, you're just deleting the photo link from the Event, Face, or Place.

Second, you need to empty the Trash in iPhoto by control clicking on the Trash icon in the iPhoto Window.

Third, you may need to to empty the System Trash from the Dock.

Fourth and definitely as an last alternative do this (in OS 10.6.8, not sure of any other OS):

Macintosh HD> Users> youruserID> Pictures> control click iPhoto Library> Show Package Contents> Originals> Year> Event to find the pictures you want to delete.

Good luck.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2012 12:28 AM in response to PrincessTintin

I'm using OS 10.6.8 and iPhoto '09 (version 8.1.2), so I'm not sure if this applies to you or not.

First, when you delete a photo from iPhoto, make sure under the left window column Library, you're on Photos and not Events, Faces, or Places. Otherwise, you're just deleting the photo link from the Event, Face, or Place.

Second, you need to empty the Trash in iPhoto by control clicking on the Trash icon in the iPhoto Window.

Third, you may need to to empty the System Trash from the Dock.

Fourth and definitely as an last alternative do this (in OS 10.6.8, not sure of any other OS):

Macintosh HD> Users> youruserID> Pictures> control click iPhoto Library> Show Package Contents> Originals> Year> Event to find the pictures you want to delete.

Good luck.

deleted photos reappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.