Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to wifi, most of the time on but can't detect, sometimes grey untouchable

iphone4s can't connect to wife pls help

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:26 PM

2 replies

Jul 26, 2014 6:40 PM in response to royalis

Is it greyed out in settings??

I had the exact same issue with a 2 year old iPhone. I read up on it all day and tried everything. Last ditch - I tried a weird solution I found online and it worked. Overheat the iPhone gently with a hot hair dryer until it gives the Temperature alert and goes into recovery mode.

Now put it in a Ziplock bag and place it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. If it comes back on you are ready to do teh following.

Go to Settings / General / Reset / Reset Network Settings. Reset it.

This takes a few mins. Once complete - force reboot the iPhone holding down the Home and Power buttons for about 10 second simultaneously. Once you see the Apple reboot let go.

It's weird - it was my last roll of the dice - but it worked. I was able to switch on the WiFi and it connected.

There is a Canadian post online where many people have had the same success

Can't connect to wifi, most of the time on but can't detect, sometimes grey untouchable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.