Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change password for this Apple forum ?

Hi there,

I have a problem, I forgot both my userid and my password for this forum. I am able to login now because it is being memorized by the computer but I cannot remember what it was. So now, I can only login from this desktop !

I can only remember the email I used. Is the email the userid or can it be something else ?

Thanks

15.4, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 27" iMac - 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 1GB ATI Radeon HD, i5 QuadCore

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:32 PM

Well, your rescue is one of:

1: appleid.apple.com !

2: The Keychain app on your computer!

But a strange place to ask, in the Final Cut Pro X forum.. ;-)

4 replies

Nov 12, 2012 7:45 PM in response to Jakob Peterhänsel

Jakob Peterhänsel wrote:

Well, your rescue is one of:

1: appleid.apple.com !

2: The Keychain app on your computer!

But a strange place to ask, in the Final Cut Pro X forum.. ;-)

Thanks Jakob,

I asked here bcos I thought we have separate userid & password for this FCPX forum.

So, we all use the Apple ID as our userid. So is my email = my Apple ID ?

Btw, what is a Keychain app ?

Thanks

Nov 12, 2012 7:49 PM in response to RyanManUtd

Hi Ryan,

No, there are no seperate logins/passwords for this special forum, its all the same for the complete Apple Discussions site.

And yes, you use your AppleID (that should be your email address, or one of them, if you have more).

The Keychain.app is in your /Applications/Utilities folder, and contain ALL the passwords (encrypted) that you safe on your computer - it's a fantastic little gem, if you remember the password for your computer.. ;-)

How to change password for this Apple forum ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.