Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing alternative wifi when not asked for password

For reasons I won't go into, the place I am currently working has a number of wifi sites and what works in one place, won't in another. But when I get a list of other wifi sites and select the relevant one, I am not asked for the password and am told "cannot connect". The same issue applies on my iPad.

I don't want to hit "forget" as there are times when that one is needed.

How do get the phone to give me the password entry "page" for alternate wifi sites?

I am using an Iphone 3gs and an iPad 2.

Thanks

Windows Vista

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:47 PM

5 replies

Nov 12, 2012 11:17 PM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks. It is the inconsistency which discourages my doing a reset.

Where I am, my laptop connects to one wifi. My iPad won't open that one and insists on using the original wifi. But, although there is still a signal, will no longer actually send/receive. It does find the wifi my lap top connects with but does not, as I say, give me the window for loading the password.

My iPhone works in another part. But my laptop won't!

And there are other people who are using one of two options.

Very frustrating and, to add insult, the link I am currently on is operating at worse than dial-up speed.

One would think an international agency could do better.

Nov 13, 2012 12:04 AM in response to Ingo2711

I did the full reset - something which takes minutes (as, indeed does booting my phone when I disembark from an aircraft). No change. I am shortly to try in another part of the compound, where both worked this morning.

It may also be that the working link is not strong enough for the iPad or iphone - my laptop fluctuates between 2 and 3 bars.

Thanks for referring me to the article. I think think there is some good material in it! However, I am reluctant to use too much of it until I am back in New Zealand - I have a few airports to go through on the way and am a bit scared of losing access.

Cheers and regards

Ron

Accessing alternative wifi when not asked for password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.