Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music and Siri starts automatically sometimes and the music play super fast too! It's an iPhone 4S, anyone know what's wrong?

My music and Siri sometimes just turns on by themselves! Sometimes siri interupts my music and it' gets all messed up, sometimes making the music play super fast or skip. Sometimes it happens when I set my phone down, or just randomly. It's really annoying:(! I need someone's help please! Is it a hardware issue ? Or software? I don't know...and also when the music turns on, I go to turn it off and it turns right back on! I feel like its going to happen every time I move my phone!:(

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1, Plays music all by itself

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:40 PM

6 replies

Dec 12, 2012 2:54 PM in response to purpledecember

This is happening to me, too! This past week it's gotten much worse -- to the point where I'm about to turn off Siri. One time it/she just kept saying, "hi" to me over and over. I rarely even use Siri. I'm usually listening to iHeartRadio when this happens. After Siri interupts the radio and turns it off, it causes the radio station to change to something totally random -- something not even in my favorites. Does it again and again.

It's getting VERY annoying as I listen to the radio while I walk to/from work and I don't want to take my phone out of my pocket now when it's snowing! And, mittens are on. 😉

This is a relatively new problem (like 2-3 weeks) and I don't know what triggered it. I haven't done or installed anything new.

Help?

Mar 28, 2013 3:34 AM in response to purpledecember

Do you have "Raise to Speak" enabled for Siri?

If not, this would tend to indicate a home button problem.

Some things to try, just to rule out issues:

Clean the dock connector with a soft dry brush.

Basic troubleshooting from the Users Guide is reset, restart, restore (first from backup then as new).

If the issue still continues, take the device to Apple for evaluation and possible replacement.

Music and Siri starts automatically sometimes and the music play super fast too! It's an iPhone 4S, anyone know what's wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.