Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music exists in iTunes library, but not in iTunes

Hi all...

This is strange, would be grateful for some help....

I have been importing a number of CD's. Yesterday this was working fine, import CD and it appears in the iTunes music library.

Today however, I have imported some more CD's which do not appear in iTunes, but are in the music library (in Finder).

I can't seem to drag the missing files across - nothing happens....

When I search for albums/tracks in iTunes it doesn't find the items...

However, I've just sync'ed up an iPod and it copied across all of the albums/tracks that I still cannot find in iTunes.

Any ideas?

I've got iTunesMatch & iCloud switched on if that makes a difference

Many thanks..

Paul.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:17 AM

Others have reported a significant delay in music appearing in their library when Match is turned on. Significant = several hours. See if the items have appeared in the Recently Added playlist.

8 replies

Dec 3, 2012 11:38 AM in response to Paul Bruen

This is definitively linked to iTunes Match.

- Turn iTunes Match OFF

- Restart iTunes (just to be sure)

- Purchase a song on iTMS

- the song appears correctly in the Library - without any delay

- Turn iTunes Match ON (and wait for initial match)

- Restart iTunes (just to be sure)

- Purchase another song on iTMS

- the song does not appear in the Library (nor Purchased playlist)

How to really download it :

- the song is available in "Purchased but not downloaded" section of iTMS

- "buy" the song again from iTMS, it will tell you that you've bought the song already and you can download it "again" for free.

Then the song appears in the library.

This behavior is new for me - started with iTunes 11

Dec 8, 2012 12:37 PM in response to Sebastien Stormacq

I purchased an album and immediatley afterwards some of the songs appeared and some did not. I then tried to update itunes match to no avail. After reading the suggestions above I simply shut off itunes match and then I could download the missing songs. I would have to agree this appears to be an issue with itunes match after updating to itunes 11.

Feb 11, 2013 10:30 AM in response to Sebastien Stormacq

Sebastien Stormacq wrote:

iTunes 11.0.1 released yesterday night solves the problem.

Enjoy

Seb

Hi - this didn't solve the problem for me. A "fresh" re-install of iTunes (or just a delete and rebuild of the library) left out all purchased music from the Purchased category/list.

What I did was to add "Purchase Date" to the column fields in my normal songs list, and sort by Purchased Date. I then just selected them all and dragged them to my Purchased folder. They then populated that list and I'm good to go.

User uploaded file

t

Music exists in iTunes library, but not in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.