Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot sync my iphone because my version of itunes is too old, but I can't upgrade my itunes because my os is too old. Software updates says there are no available updates

I cannot sync my iphone because my version of itunes is too old, but I can't upgrade my itunes because my os is too old. Software updates says there are no available updates

iPhone 4S, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 5:21 AM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2012 6:04 AM in response to JenniferMarinos

The requirement for the latest iTunes (ver 10.7) is an operating system of Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6). You will have to purchase Snow Leopard, available at 1-800-MY-APPLE for $19.99. You will not be able to get it using the Software Update utility. It is also not available as downloadable content like Lion and Mountain Lion. You can check stores like Best Buy and Wal-Mart, I know it is NOT available at Apple Retail Stores. Hope this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.