Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One of my computers had to re install and now I need to authorize my new computer but keep telling me I reached the limit for 5 computers. What do I do?

One of my computers had to re install and now I need to authorize my new computer but keep telling me I reached the limit for 5 computers. What do I do?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:22 AM

3 replies

Aug 14, 2014 9:26 AM in response to GilMuller

I have the same problem. What load of BS.

I feel so sorry for people that switched over from PC to mac because they were misled to believe that 'macs just work'.

Imagine someone without a degree in patience and computer engineering ever being able to work this problem out.

All I want to do it sync my iPad with some movies that I bought. NOPE I have apparently authorized more than 5 computers which is ridiculous because I own.... 1 computer. LOL.

Really bored with Apple's paranoia, ego and illogical control.

Aug 14, 2014 10:17 AM in response to my_alias

Reinstalling or upgrading Windows is probably to blame if you've only ever authorised that one machine. Deauthorize all, reauthorize the machine. You're done. If possible deauthorize your computer before upgrading/reinstalling Windows or moving your library to a new computer.

FWIW it is the rights holders who are primarily concerned with limiting what you can do with the media that you purchase.

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.