4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 11:41 AM by Ronniebel
Ronniebel Level 1 Level 1

In the slide show timeline, how do I select a photo to crop?  Sometimes it lets me do it and sometimes I can't select the photo to do it.  I'm not sure why the difference.

Solved by Ronniebel on Nov 14, 2012 11:41 AM Solved

I see what you mean now.  Yes, by going to the grid view as you describe above, I can more easily edit my photos and move them around.  And also it seems that selecting the photo now enables me to better crop it.

Thanks for all your help.

Ron

• léonie Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

What is your Aperture version and the Theme are you using?

With Aperture 3.4.x you should be able to simply select an image in the Time line, double click it, to open it in the Viewer, then select the crop tool and crop. What happens, when you try that?

• Ronniebel Level 1 Level 1

It's version 3.4.2, the latest.  I can double click it, but then I'm out of the slideshow timeline and it's a hassle to quickly go back.  I have to click on another place in my library and then go back to the slideshow and find my place in the timeline where I was.  Many clicks.  I just want to edit (enlarge and move the photo) in the timeline. Sometimes it works, but sometimes I can't get it to. Not sure if there's a "sweet" spot to click on for the photo in the timeline or what that I'm missing at times.

• léonie Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

I can double click it, but then I'm out of the slideshow timeline and it's a hassle to quickly go back.

After cropping you should be able to get back by simply double-clicking the image again. That should toggle between edit mode and slideshow mode. Does that not work?

• Ronniebel Level 1 Level 1

I see what you mean now.  Yes, by going to the grid view as you describe above, I can more easily edit my photos and move them around.  And also it seems that selecting the photo now enables me to better crop it.

Thanks for all your help.

Ron