Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Disc Utility

Just because we use Disc Utility to find and correct problems doesn't mean that Disc Utlity itself can't fall victim to such problems. I suspect that my copy has been corrupted in a way that renders it useless for the purpose intended. Here are my reasons for thinking so: (1) The past several times I've used it, it didn't find one error or make one comment, except to say that everything is okay. That never happened before. There have always been many, many comments about the anomalies that it had found, and what it had done, if anything, to correct them. (2) It now says that everything is okay but then appers to keep checking for several more minutes before finishing.

If you agree that I might have a problem with Disc Utility, how should I go about fixing it?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 10:13 AM

5 replies

Nov 13, 2012 11:26 AM in response to VikingOSX

VikingOSX wrote:

Respectfully, Kappy and I agree to disagree with you.

It is perfectly normal for Disk Utility to report, or not report, problems to fix. It is normal for it to report something to fix, and continue for several more tedious minutes, whether it finds something additional to report, or not. That is simply how it was written.

-----

Okay, but mine goes on for several more minutes after saying that everything is okay. To me, that's very different from what you have said.

Nov 13, 2012 11:31 AM in response to Kappy

Kappy wrote:

Frankly, nothing you stated is indicative of anything except: you don't have any problems to fix. Mine does the same thing. Unless you won't be satisfied by no problems. I can suggest how to create problems including a couple that DU cannot fix.

Count me in the "disagree" column.

----

You may be right, but I don't recall this ever happening in years of experience.That should mean something. I can't believe that Disc Utility is the only perfect thing in an unperfect world. I'm going to surf around. I'll let you know if I find anything that supports my opinion, or if I find anything that convincingly proves you're right.

Problems with Disc Utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.