Skip navigation

Problems with Disc Utility

150 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 10:31 AM by tnorga RSS
Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 13, 2012 10:13 AM

Just because we use Disc Utility to find and correct problems doesn't mean that Disc Utlity itself can't fall victim to such problems. I suspect that my copy has been corrupted in a way that renders it useless for the purpose intended. Here are my reasons for thinking so: (1) The past several times I've used it, it didn't find one error or make one comment, except to say that everything is okay. That never happened before. There have always been many, many comments about the anomalies that it had found, and what it had done, if anything, to correct them. (2) It now says that everything is okay but then appers to keep checking for several more minutes before finishing.

If you agree that I might have a problem with Disc Utility, how should I go about fixing it?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)
  • Kappy Level 10 Level 10 (221,025 points)
    Nov 13, 2012 10:19 AM (in response to Niku)

Frankly, nothing you stated is indicative of anything except: you don't have any problems to fix. Mine does the same thing. Unless you won't be satisfied by no problems. I can suggest how to create problems including a couple that DU cannot fix.

Count me in the "disagree" column.

• VikingOSX Level 5 Level 5 (4,700 points)
    Nov 13, 2012 10:44 AM (in response to Niku)

Respectfully, Kappy and I agree to disagree with you.

It is perfectly normal for Disk Utility to report, or not report, problems to fix. It is normal for it to report something to fix, and continue for several more tedious minutes, whether it finds something additional to report, or not. That is simply how it was written.

• tnorga Calculating status...
    Nov 14, 2012 10:31 AM (in response to Niku)

disc uti .png

I am having a problem with my disc utility.  It has that darn circle with the line going through it.

I did receive some message telling me that the disc utility will not work with my Mac OS 10.8.2

How do I fix this?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.