Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maybe a dumb question, but where is Applescript and the editor?

I blew away my new iMac messing around with Bootcamp, and when I reinstalled OSX through 10.4.6 I no longer see applescript anywhere.

I did a spotlight search and found nothing but a few random doc references.

What happened to it? I have some scripts that still work through automator actions, but I can't find the applescript folder, editor or any of the contents.

I tried doing a reinstall for just applescript, but didn't find it in the install package either.

<confused>

iMac duo 20"/2.0GHZ/1x1GB/256M video/250GB HD, Mac OS X (10.4.6), History: 8500 PM, Newt 100, 130, 2000, 2100, G3 imac, 17" G5 imac, 20" G5 iMac

Posted on Apr 19, 2006 9:36 AM

5 replies

Apr 19, 2006 10:07 AM in response to Spinnetti

Apple Script editor is called 'Script Editor' There is also an Apple Script utility that lets you set a few options for AppleScript.

If they are not showing up on Spotlight it may be that during re-install you deselcted some of the extras that are installed by default. Try an upgrade install from your OSX disk or look around on the disk for the packages and install them manually if they are no loger on your hard disk.

:o]

Apr 20, 2006 5:46 PM in response to scb

In Applications, you have an Applescript folder. It's
in there.

No, not its not. I've had a bunch of macs, and done dozens of installs, and this is the first time its not there anywhere. Just kind of strange. Before I had the folder, the examples, docs, editor etc.. now; Nothing.

Ah well. I suppose I can get it or reinstall if I really need it.

Apr 20, 2006 7:58 PM in response to Niel

Use Pacifis
t
to extract that application from your
computer's original disks; the items in the
AppleScript folder under Mac OS X 10.46 are the
following:

AppleScript Utility
Folder Actions Setup
Script Editor

In addition, there is an Example Scripts symbolic
link to /Library/Scripts/.

(11846)

Niel, thanks.. I had downloaded Pacifist yesterday, but haven't grabbed the files yet.

Cheers.

Maybe a dumb question, but where is Applescript and the editor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.