Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opinions: iCloud Mail vs Google Mail

Hi, I know that many of you have probably heard this question a lot, and yes I have looked at other threads, but I wanted to ask this question myself:

What do you think about Gmail vs iCloud mail?

I know that Gmail is more powerful with more features, but I use a client so I don't use those extra features. I wanted to know what you guys think about iCloud in terms of reliability (I know it had problems, but that was a while ago) and compatibility (will all my messages make it to my iCloud account like they go to my Gmail).

I own a MacBook Pro, iPhone, and iPad so I know iCloud would be more integrated, but I feel uneasy for some reason about depending on iCloud mail. I know that Google is the authority on mail, but I was just considering switching.

Plus: I don't like google's privacy. If you click the "why this ad" in the inbox it tells you that it is based on your messages. Thats just blatant privacy breaching, although I have nothing to hide and wouldn't leave gmail just for that (probably).

Thoughts?

Thank you for my piece of mind!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:42 PM

There are no replies.

Opinions: iCloud Mail vs Google Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.