Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Timecapsule not mounting/ connecting automatically..

Hi there,

I have bought a time capsule and have moved my music library to an external drive attached to it. I have kept just my music on there and intend to keep my time machine backups on the TC itself. I did it properly with consolidating everything etc.

The issue i'm having is that when I dont click on the TC in finder first to connect that when I open itunes it automatically defaults to the old itunes library which is still on the imac. (running 10.8.2) .

Like I said, I have not set the Time machine backups on the TC yet, would this fix the issue? It is ok if I remember to click on it in finder but would rather not have to do that every time.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Time Capsule-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:45 PM

2 replies

Nov 18, 2012 2:26 AM in response to LaPastenague

I have actually found the whole thing to work rather well so far. It's just that I would like the time capsule and attached drive to mount automatically so that when itunes opens it automatically finds the library on that tc's attached drive.

I have transferred the music via a wired connection as yes, over wifi transferring the music was going to take days. This is my setup and it would be good to get a simple yes/ no regarding the mounting issue.

The reason I have moved the music is so that sonos can access the music. I dont want to keep the music on my imac any more as the two would then not match.

Thanks for you help and assistance in advance.

Timecapsule not mounting/ connecting automatically..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.