Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two Win 7 PCs running iTunes 10.7.0.21 one is a 64 bit maching and the other is a 32 bit. I can see the Air Play on both and can see the AE speakers, however, for some reason I can not select any speakers except the PC speakers on the 32 bit PC.

This problem only started after I updated iTunes to version 10.7.0.21. Never had a problem with the AE speakers until now. Funny no problem on my 64 bit PC only the 32 bit one.

AirPort Express 802.11n (1st Gen), Windows 7

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:18 PM

2 replies

Nov 13, 2012 6:11 PM in response to mhmost

If you are running win 7, i had this problem come up when i updated my itunes 10.7, btw it now runs like a dog, on slighty older hardware in win 7, hopefully version 11 fixes this!!!!!!

Go here, apparently firewall settings for itunes can be reset, so you need to add back in udp access, and change it to public.

http://blog.forret.com/2010/10/fix-for-error-15000-remote-speakers-on-itunes-win dows-7/

Nov 13, 2012 9:10 PM in response to AndybBBBB

Thanks AndyybBBBB,

I tried what you suggested but still have the same problem. I've even uninstalled iTunes and reloaded. Has me bewildered. My other 64 Bit Win 7 machine does not have this problem. I can even access the AE speakers with my iPhone. Just this 32 Bit machine won't. What a time-just when I want to stream music thru the house during the holidays 😟 This problem seems to be well documented all over the Apple boards/communities-just hope they fix it soon.

I have two Win 7 PCs running iTunes 10.7.0.21 one is a 64 bit maching and the other is a 32 bit. I can see the Air Play on both and can see the AE speakers, however, for some reason I can not select any speakers except the PC speakers on the 32 bit PC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.