Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime X Problems

What's up Apple Support Communities!

I have upgraded from Leopard to Mountain Lion, and there are lots of things I've been missing out on! But one BIG problem I'm facing is QuickTime X. First of all, I'd like to say that in Leopard, QuickTime stayed in my Recent Items. It has lots of great new features that I most definitely see myself using in the future, for example, screen recording (bye-byee ScreenFlow).

In Leopard, I constantly used QuickTime Pro 7 to export .mov files created in Keynote so I could create my own .png and .icns files. I am very disappointed to see that the new, more powerful version of QuickTime has many of its features removed from the application. Are these features that I find extremely important gone, or just hidden in QuickTime X?

I downloaded QuickTime 7 from Apple's website, but before I register Pro, I want to know if I can bring back features from the previous version to X. I really don't want to have two versions of QuickTime on my computer, though. Two much flip-flopping, and I'd honestly rather use the standard version for ML. It's new design and features are really nice!

Thank's in advanced.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 8GB RAM, 500GB HD

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:55 PM

There are no replies.

QuickTime X Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.