Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook Air log-in problem.

Hey people.

I bought a new macbook air today, and after de initial setup with language, time zone and so, i got to the log-in screen.

I type my ''Name'' and my ''Password'', but nothing happends ! I dont know what to do, I'm pret.ty stuck here. Please you can help, its a laptop for college work.

Best Regards

Nich.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), OSX Mountain Lion

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:15 PM

2 replies

Nov 13, 2012 1:31 PM in response to Competa123

It sounds like something went awry when you set things up. You may have put in a mis-spelling of user name or password. Try doing a password reset.

On Mountain Lion, you use the following technique to reset the Administrators password:

Boot to your Recovery Partition, by holding down the Option key while starting, and then selecting the Recovery HD as the boot choice.

Once booted, at the top of the screen is a menu ..., select Utilities / Terminal from the menu bar.

In the Terminal window, type “resetpassword” (without the quotes) and press return. A “Reset Password” window will open. Select your boot volume (your SSD drive) if it is not already selected. Select your administrators username from the menu labeled “Select the user account” if it is not already selected. Follow the prompts to reset the password. Restart the computer from the apple menu.

New Macbook Air log-in problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.